Case Study: Tecovas' Rice Village Opening
Based out of Austin, TECOVAS Fine Bootmakers worked with an agency in New York City to support its overall media relations needs. With the opening of its first Houston store, TECOVAS looked to Like Minds to serve as boots on the ground, leveraging its local relationships to secure coverage and significant exposure as it officially entered the new market.
Like Minds took a true partnership approach to the short-term project. While our team utilized our existing relationships with local media members to ensure results, we welcomed TECOVAS' national agency into the tail end of all conversations with media so they were able to develop their own relationships for future efforts.
Like Minds drafted and distributed a media alert to introduce TECOVAS' value proposition and grand opening plans to Houston retail, consumer and business reporters. In order to further get in front of business audiences (as TECOVAS mentioned that its core audience was young professional and middle-aged, high net-worth men), Like Minds also pitched real estate reporters.
To target general consumer media, Like Minds pitched boot lovers and those who traditionally covered the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, inviting them to the Black Friday grand opening for free boot shines, beverages and fun as an alternative to the mayhem of traditional malls and sales.
- In just one week before the Grand Opening and one week following it, Like Minds secured more than 20 stories across neighborhood, print, online and TV for a combined 68,000,000 impressions.
- Featured business and real estate stories secured: Bisnow, Houston Business Journal, Houston Chronicle
- Featured fashion/society stories secured: CityBook, Community Impact, CultureMap, Houstonia, PaperCity
- Featured consumer stories secured: Houston Chronicle and Houston Chronicle Examiner, Houston Life, Houston Press, KPRC
- Full-page, above-the-fold print story with Houston Chronicle