DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
We're on the hunt for the best and brightest digital and social media marketer to join our team as our Digital & Social Media Manager as soon as possible. This is a paid, Houston-based, full-time, salaried role with a fantastic benefits package and ample opportunities for growth.
Key Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Agency-Wide Digital Marketing & Social Media Leadership:
- Lead team members in creating excellence for clients with deep understanding of all social media and digital marketing tactics, including social media content creation and engagement, social media advertising, digital advertising, email marketing, SEO best practices, website best practices (UX/UI, CRO), blog best practices and more
Fully understand how to use all social media and digital marketing platforms and tools needed to do job effectively
Stay abreast of social media trends and practices and relay information to team in order to determine how to best apply to client work and Like Minds’ brand
Research and recommend the best tools and softwares to our team in order to assist with profitability, productivity, excellence in work output, etc. (ie: HootSuite, SimplyMeasured, Sprout Social, HeyOrca, etc.)
Collaborate and contribute ideas in team brainstorms on digital and social media initiatives and find opportunities to enhance client work through these services
Develop and oversee processes for and train all team members on generating social media, digital advertising and email marketing strategies and related initiatives during onboarding and on an ongoing basis
Oversee, review, approve and recommend improvements to all client social and digital deliverables
Train and support team members and review/approve development of digital and social elements of all client measurement/campaign recap reports
Bring training opportunities to team surrounding digital efforts (advertising, social media, email marketing, web/blog best practices, etc.) during all-team meetings and/or on an ongoing basis
Act as liaison between Account Manager, PR Manager and individual social media and/or digital team members to ensure all initiatives are delivered on brand, on deadline and on strategy
Supervision, Management & Accountability of Social & Digital Marketing Team Members:
Work with Social & Digital Media Specialist(s), Account Coordinator(s) and/or Intern(s) to help manage and prioritize time and schedule, including checking-in and giving feedback on work product
Check in via with direct report(s) via weekly one-on-one meetings to provide feedback and guidance
Assess performance and facilitate quarterly reviews (and then twice annual reviews after first year) of full-time direct report(s), including working with Founders to determine when to consider disciplinary action, growth opportunities and/or salary increases
Oversee and ensure direct reports maintain personal work time logs, proactively communicate work status and maintain timely updates on task progress
Work with direct report(s) to monitor all platforms (including review sites) and draft responses to negative and positive comments
Ensure team members are consistently living up to Like Minds’ core values
Digital Marketing & Social Media Execution:
Lead client social media training and develop prep client training documents
Assist team members with their social media management (posting, engagement, etc.) when they are out of office or need an extra set of hands
Oversee, provide recommendations for and approve social media and digital marketing/advertising strategies and execution, including where and how ad dollars should be allocated (social media ads, Google/PPC, banner/display/email marketing campaigns with media outlets, etc.)
Work with team members to properly develop and execute A/B testing
Work with team members to provide strategic insight to clients through strategy documents, one-pagers and measurement reports
Monitor advertising budgets and provide proper documentation to COO
Member of Leadership Team:
- Responsible for being a strong, contributing member of account and leadership teams according to Like Minds’ core values
- Assist in overall well-being of Like Minds
Attend and participate in weekly L10 meetings and additional as-needed meetings with Founders and Leadership Team to communicate work as it relates to other team members, clients and potential business opportunities, managerial struggles/successes and learning opportunities
Establish and report on agency metrics in weekly L10 meetings
Assist in securing and growing/retaining additional business across all digital and social service lines
Assist Founders in establishing service line rates that consider hours required to complete job, clients’ ability to pay and agency profitability, aligning with principles of social enterprise
Assist in meeting and exceeding agency’s financial goals and projections in order to continue growing social media and digital department
Assist partners in making staffing decisions for clients with digital or social media scopes
Represent Like Minds as expert in digital and social media through speaking engagements, media opportunities, training opportunities and/or direct client or prospective client discussions
We want to hear from you if you have:
- At least 5-7 years of experience in social media management, content creation, email marketing and/or digital/social media advertising!
- An advanced competency, thorough understanding and evolving expertise in all major social media platforms, email marketing platforms and digital advertising best practices!
- An intermediate competency in and understanding of SEO, digital marketing and website best practices!
- Your eyes constantly scouting the next big social media or digital content marketing trend!
- Excellent writing capabilities and mastery of AP style!
- The chops to bring a strategic vision to life in partnership with an integrated team!
- A knack for developing social, digital and email marketing strategies and content that incite action!
- The savvy to style the perfect shot, craft the punniest copy and source the finest user-generated content!
- The enthusiasm for building and engaging with digital communities!
- The chops to cultivate a unique brand voice across digital media!
- Social media knowledge that extends beyond Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn...TikTok much?!
- As much ease de-escalating conflict on review websites as you do facilitating a Facebook Live or launching branded Instagram Stories!
- MailChimp and Constant Contact super powers!
- One eye on big picture planning while the other eye tracks the details!
- A demonstrated passion for mission-driven clientele and the impact marketing space!
- A growth-oriented mindset and interest in learning alongside an energetic, hard-working team!
If you're excited about the opportunity to work for a growing company that represents mission-driven businesses and organizations and that emphasizes making an impact, please email your resume, cover letter and work samples to Melina!